• During the course of over ten years as a New York attorney, James H. Freeman has represented an array of entertainment clients (either directly or through his past law firms), including Music Publishers, Recording Artists, Record Labels, Record Industry Associations, Songwriters, Producers, Artists, Actors, Models, Fashion Designers, Photographers, Visual Artists, Television Personalities, Video Game Developers, Talent Agents, Personal Managers, Sound Engineers, High-Level Executives, Dancers, Production Companies, Recording Studios, Authors, Content Providers, Nightclub and Restaurant Owners, Professional Athletes.
Representative Matters include:
• Day-to-day representation and counseling of various artists, record labels, music publishing companies, songwriters, music producers, nightclub owners, models, dancers and lifestyle brands.
• Successfully obtained dismissal of wrongful death lawsuit against famous rap artist for death of concertgoer due to criminal act of a third party.
• Successfully vacated default judgment against grammy award-winning artist in connection with alleged failure to appear at concert performance.
• Successfully represented model / television personality in contract dispute with her modeling and talent agency.
• Successfuly represented nightclub owner in partnership and trademark dispute against former partners who had unlawfully terminated him.
• Successfully represented the recording industry in its copyright infringement lawsuits against KaZaA and Napster P2P file-sharing services.
• Successfully defended professional, top-ranking athlete in lawsuit against former business manager.
• Successfully obtained dismissal of lawsuit against world-famous rap artist on grounds of an agreement to arbitrate.
• Successfully settled declaratory judgment action involving trademark infringement claim brought by a hotel spa / lifestyle brand.
James H. Freeman, Esq. is an experienced civil litigator based in New York City who focuses on resolving disputes and litigating claims in the arts, entertainment, digital media and music industries. James takes a “new school” approach to resolving conflicts in the entertainment business through efficient, value-based litigation, arbitration and mediation targeted to achieve positive, winning results.
Entertainment Law • Entertainment Litigation • Music Lawyer • Music Business Attorney • Entertainment Disputes • Copyright Law • Art Law
Trademark Infringement • Entertainment Attorney NYC • Conflict Resolution • Media Law • Music Litigation • Royalty Collection • New York